No analysis or or argument this time, just observation.
Too soon to say how long this will last or whether it’s got real staying power.
Not as if I’m there day and night, but with every visit I’m struck by the relaxed and nurturing atmosphere. People are working together, caring for one another, and there’s no sense of hierarchy or externally imposed authority — just community.
I recognize that others may have cited Jack’s words already — maybe even three or four times by now — but what the hey. I can’t think of anything better suited to what’s going on:
Love, hope, and optimism. Will this change the world? I don’t know. But maybe it’s a start.
- Video: Occupy Toronto, Day One | #OccupyTO #OWS
- Setting up for #OccupyTO | #OccupyBaySt #OccupyWallStreet #ows
- How mainstream media is failing Occupy Wall Street
- Via Daily Kos: But what do they want? | #OccupyWallStreet
- Chris Hedges schools Kevin O’Leary | #OccupyWallStreet
- Video: Toronto says goodbye to Jack Layton