So Team Ford’s subway boosters were out in force tonight, substituting boosterism and catchphrases for facts and evidence. Just one question, guys: if the private sector is just waiting to throw bags of cash at a Sheppard subway once you get shovels in the ground … why hasn’t it happened yet?
Special thanks to @chaicube. If you ever have to buy a drink in this town again, sir, there’s something fundamentally wrong with the universe.
Ironically, I would have preferred to use Posterous’s embeddable-tweets function, but since we don’t know what’s going to happen to the platform, it’s back to Storify.
- This ain’t no trolley | Mez Dispenser | #TOpoli #transit (h/t @meslin)
- Toronto’s transit future: avoiding the Team Ford Disaster | #TOpoli
- The SRT is not LRT
- City Council is Supreme | politics | via @Torontoist and @hamutaldotan
- @AdamCF and @JM_McGrath talk governance, institutional reform, and #TOpoli
- Anyone who supports subways …