The mayor, a champion of car travel, went further on his Sunday Newstalk 1010 radio show, calling McKeown’s $290,000 salary “an embarrassment,” and promising to “look into it.” His brother, Councillor Doug Ford, calling in from Florida, asked: “Why does (McKeown) still have a job?”
Goddamn those smart people with their facts and evidence and experience, anyway.
So Toronto’s medical officer of health floats an idea about reducing speed limits in order to make the streets safer for pedestrians and cyclists. Can’t have that, of course. Silly doctor — streets are for buses, cars, and trucks.
Forget all that facty, evidency, history stuff that Cityslikr’s citing about carcentrism being a relatively recent thing. (And what kind of condescending, elitist-type word is that, anyway?)
What’s Team Ford’s reaction? Can’t have a discussion about it, it’s just nuts nuts nuts. How much are we paying this guy, anyway? Let’s look into that. It’s an embarrassment. Why does this guy still have a job?
Got that, city staff? Zip it, or … well, shame about Gary Webster, innit.
Perhaps council should take the board of health away from the FoBros. It’s pretty clear that they can’t be trusted not to break things.
- Exposed: the truth behind Toronto’s transit woes | #TOpoli
- Video: This is what a public servant looks like | @kristynwongtam ❤ #TOpoli
- Politics, decency, and finding common ground: the restoration of civility | #TOpoli #cdnpoli
- #TeamFord has no subway plan | #TOpoli #transit
- Toronto’s transit future: avoiding the Team Ford Disaster | #TOpoli
- From Grover Norquist to Gary Webster: putting #TeamFord’s #TTC jihad in context | #TOpoli #Toronto
- Another Rob Ford gem, and its bearing on the #TTC | #TOpoli #saveGaryWebster
- Time for a #TransitCity happy dance? | #TOpoli #TeamFord
- #TeamFord and our city: Can no one talk sense to these guys?